The effect of muscular ability training using weights on a number of physical variables for female volleyball players
|Al-Rafidain Journal For Sport Sciences|
|Volume 26, Issue 80, April 2023, Pages 221-240 PDF (1.26 M)|
|Document Type: Research Paper|
|Marvin Saad burda; Abdul-Jabbar Abdul Razzaq Al-Hasso|
|College of Physical Education & Sports Sciences / University of Mosul|
|The current study aims at: |
- The effect of muscular ability training using weights on a number of physical variables for female volleyball players of the experimental group between the pre and post tests.
- Significance of differences in a number of physical variables for female volleyball players between the experimental and control groups in the post test.
In order to verify the objectives of the research, the researcher put forwards the following:
- There are significant differences in the muscular ability and components of special physical fitness among female volleyball players between the pre and post tests of the experimental group and in favor of the post test.
- There are significant differences in the muscular ability and components of special physical fitness among female volleyball players in the post test between the experimental and control groups, in favor of the experimental group.
The researcher used the experimental method for its relevance to the nature of the research, and the sample and the research community consisted of the players of the Qaraqosh Sports Club for volleyball for ages (16-19), who numbered (40), and the research sample consisted of (12) players who were chosen randomly, representing 30% of the community. It was divided into two groups, control and experimental, with (6) female players for each group, in addition to the selection of (6) female players to conduct exploratory experiments on them from the research community.
Experimental group: strength and maximal strength training using weights.
Control group: the curriculum prepared by the trainer for the same period.
The researcher used the experimental design, which is called “the post-tribal experiment on an experimental group and a control group” (Al-Shafi’i and Morsi, 1999, 83).
A training curriculum and the exercises used with weights were prepared for the experimental group. The implementation of the program took (6) weeks in two medium sessions with three training units per week, and this program was implemented during the specified period from 20/3/2021 to 29/4/2021.
In light of the results reached, the researcher drew the following conclusions:
- Weight training positively affects muscular ability, as well as affects the basic physical variables in volleyball.
- Significant differences appeared with statistical significance between the results of the post-test between the experimental and control groups and in favor of the experimental group in the tests of muscular ability, and also significant differences appeared with statistical significance in the tests of physical characteristics and in favor of the experimental group
|muscular ability training using weights; physical variables; volleyball players|
Article View: 19
PDF Download: 29