|The aim of this study is to identify the infection anxiety for graduate students. As well as revealing the significance differences in the infection anxiety according to the two variables: the gender (males, females) and the specialization (scientific branch, humanities branch), and in order to achieve these aims, the researchers intended to provide the tool that enables them to achieve the aims. The researchers prepared a scale of infection anxiety, which consisted of (30) items distributed into three domains, each item has five alternatives (always, often, sometimes, rarely, never), after the researchers verified the psychometric properties of the scale and made some necessary adjustments, the scale was applied to the research sample which consisted of (423) male and female graduate students in three universities (Baghdad, Al-Mustansiriya, and Anbar). A Statistical analysis was carried out by using (SPSS), and the results revealed the following:|
- The sample had a low level of infection anxiety.
- There are no statistically significant differences in the infection anxiety due to the gender variable.
- There are statistically significant differences in the infection anxiety due to the variable of specialization and in favor of the scientific specialization.
- There are no statistically significant differences according to the interaction between gender and specialization.
Keywords: infection anxiety, postgraduate students.
- Abu Ghosh, Sana Shaker (2011): A measure of logical thinking and verification of psychometric properties in the light of students' paragraph response models, (unpublished doctoral thesis), College of Psychological Educational Sciences - Amman University.
- Al-Ansari, Badr Muhammad. (2002): Reference in Personality Measures, Dar Al-Kitab Al-Hadith, Kuwait.
- Al-Baldawi, Abdel-Hamid (2004): Scientific Research Methods and Statistical Analysis. Planning the research and collecting data manually and using the SPSS program, Dar Al-Shorouk for Publishing and Distribution. Ammaan Jordan.
- Al-Bayati, Abdul-Jabbar Tawfiq, and Athanasius, Zakaria (1977): Descriptive and Inferential Statistics in Education and Psychology, Workers' Culture Foundation Press, Baghdad.
- Al-Tamimi, Mahmoud Kazem Mahmoud, Al-Saadi, Maytham Abdel-Kazem Hashem (2021): Mental Health and Epidemiology, Dar Degla Publishers and Distributors, Amman, Jordan.
- Hijazi, Alaa Ali (2013): Social Anxiety and its Relationship to Irrational Ideas among Middle School Students in Governmental Schools in Gaza Governorates, (unpublished master's thesis), College of Education, Islamic University - Gaza.
- Khalaf, Mustafa Ali, Al Saeed, Taghreed Turki (2020): Psychological problems resulting from the emerging corona virus (COVID-19) and their relationship to learning pressures and electronic assessment among a sample of students from the College of Education, Sultan Qaboos University, Journal of Educational and Psychological Studies - Sultan Qaboos University Volume (15), Issue (2).
- Douedri, Rajaa Waheed (2000): Scientific Research: Its Theoretical Basics and Practical Practice, Dar Al-Fikr, Damascus, Syria.
- Al-Rubaie, Abdul-Razzaq Mohsen (1997): A comparative study of non-standardization among Baghdad University students according to the variables of gender, specialization, and stage of study, (unpublished doctoral thesis), College of Education - Ibn Rushd, University of Baghdad, Iraq.
- Al-Zamili, Ali Abd Jassim and Al-Sarmi, Abd bin Muhammad, and Kazem Ali Mahdi (2009): Concepts and Applications in Educational Evaluation and Measurement, Al-Falah Library for Publishing and Distribution, Amman - Jordan.
- Zahran, Hamed Abdel-Salam (2005): Mental Health and Psychotherapy, 4th Edition, World of Books for Publishing and Distribution, Cairo - Egypt.
- Salman, Al-Shaima Mahmoud (2021): Psychological immunity and its relationship to both self-sublimation and anxiety of infection with the emerging corona virus covid-19 among teachers of the basic education stage in the light of some demographic variables. Journal of Scientific Research in Education, 22(3), 367-402.
- Abdel-Khaleq, Ahmed Mohamed (1976): General Psychology, Anglo-Egyptian Bookshop, Cairo.
- Al-Anzi, Owaid Mishaan, Al-Alam, Bandar bin Saeed (2022). Anxiety
associated with infection with the emerging corona virus (Covid-19) and its relationship to psychological immunity among a sample of university students in both Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 69(1), 263-324.
- Odeh, Ahmed Suleiman. (2002). Measurement and evaluation in the teaching process, Faculty of Educational Sciences, 5th edition, Yarmouk University.
- ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ, Al-Khalili, Khalil Youssef (1998): Statistics for a researcher in education and human sciences, Al-Fikr Library, Amman- Jordan.
- Farih, Fouad Muhammad (2019): Clinical Psychology - A Contemporary Psychiatry Vision, Academics House for Publishing and Distribution Amman - Jordan.
- Al-Lawish, Bashir Bin Ali (2021): Anxiety of infection from the emerging coronavirus (COVID-19) among social workers in the medical field, “A qualitative study,” Ajman Journal of Studies and Research, Volume (20), Number 1.